Spring vs Fall : Which Admission Season Should You Go For?
While preparing for GRE students are often caught between the decision to apply for Fall season or Spring season admissions. Students are always confused between differences between Fall and Spring admissions. Fall semester starts in late August and ends in late December or early January whereas the Spring semester begins in January and ends in early May.
Here are few points to note if you are really under stress in choosing between Fall or Spring
Advantages of going for Fall Admissions
- You cannot go for internships before clearing 2 semesters in some universities so, if you started MS in Spring you might not be eligible for most of the internship opportunities
- Some universities start from basic courses in in Fall and teach advanced courses in Spring so it is better to start with basic courses and then go for advanced courses
- Fall intake is significantly high compared to Spring admissions and thus, even with a low GRE score you may have a good chance of getting the admission
- Not all universities will offer Spring Admissions
- Sources for financial assistance are significantly high in Fall season
Advantages of going for Spring Admissions
- Less students might apply for Spring admissions so chances of getting an admit might be higher.
- Once done with under graduation exams you can start MS in Spring rather than waiting for Fall season admissions to open up.
Although it may seem that Spring admissions are not a good idea after looking at above mentioned points but these disadvantages are not really a big concern. Students usually find their way around such difficulties. There will be equal number of post MS job opportunities for both Spring an Fall seasons so ultimately it won’t make much of a difference.
Though Fall season has an edge over Spring, you can still go for Spring if you do not want to wait until the next Fall season for Online GRE Preparation.