GRE preparation study materials or GRE study guide
There are a variety of materials/study guides and options available for GRE preparation:
- Books with the necessary theory, practice questions, and a few full-length tests.
- Online test series.
- Online material with the necessary theory, practice questions, and a few full-length tests.
To prepare effectively, you need GRE study material or study guides that helps you learn the necessary theory and hone problem-solving skills by practicing not only on a large number of questions but also of various types and difficulty levels. It is advisable for you to take timed tests and work on time-management skills only after such systematic practice.
It’s a popular misconception that one can prepare for GRE simply by taking a number of tests. That is not correct. Unless sound conceptual foundations and problem-solving skills are developed in Quant, it is futile to take many tests. Similarly, strong vocabulary and reading skills are necessary to perform well in the Verbal Reasoning section. Here again, some students are under the impression that this section of GRE is only about mastering words. No! The Verbal section requires strong skills in reading, vocabulary, and logical reasoning.
Apart from Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning, GRE has an Analytical Writing section. This requires skills in argumentative writing.
So, when you evaluate GRE study guides or study materials, you need to verify the source and make sure it is authentic, well-researched, and designed as per ETS standards.
The study guides/materials should also be complete and comprehensive.
The Verbal section needs to have:
- Wordlists, vocabulary tests, and excellent aids such as vocabulary-building apps, as a minimum vocabulary of about two thousand words needs to be built.
- Modules that help develop Reading skills.
- Modules that help develop Verbal Reasoning skills for each of the question types.
- Adequate number of questions to develop accuracy.
For the Quantitative section:
- The material should comprehensively cover all the necessary theory, concepts, and problem-solving tricks for all the topics relevant to GRE.
- It should have adequate number of questions on all topics and all question types that gives you adequate exposure to the Quant section.
For Analytical Writing, the material should expose you to the two types of essays and the general expectations. Apart from this, you will need to write a good number of essays and get them evaluated from a language expert.
The GRE study material or guides should include a number of mock GRE tests and full-length tests:
- These should be adequate in number.
- The tests should help you know where you stand with respect to your target score so that you can continuously benchmark yourself.
- There should be elaborate explanations for you to know how each question was solved using the shortest method in Quant, or how logic and reasoning were applied in solving a Verbal question.
- Preferably, support for help with your doubts and personalized feedback of your performance in the tests, with guidance to help you improve in your weak areas.
Once you have the right material, you may choose to self-study or avail training through classrooms or online academies, if you feel the need for expert support to:
- Provide you personalized feedback
- Help you plan your preparation with a personalized study-plan
- Answer your doubts
- Get trained on some difficult topics in a live session
How GREedge provides superior solution for your test-prep needs
- Complete, authentic study material that is comprehensive and well-researched, supported by sound pedagogy, apps, and ScoreBoost technology™
- Assistance from Student Facilitators and Analysts (SFA)—your personal trainers
- eClass—online classes that you can attend from the comfort of your home and interact directly with the instructors
What students say about GREedge?
From NIT Trichy and scored 324 (Quant: 167; Verbal: 157) in GRE
I opted for the best online academy for GRE preparation. GREedge surpassed my expectations. My experience has been great.
My quant SFA was exceptionally great. I couldn't imagine such cheerful and co-operative disposition of a teacher. My verbal SFA was also very good. He tolerated all my silly questions and answered them in the best possible way. Thank you GREedge :)
From College of Dairy & Food Science Technology, Udaipur and scored 308 (Quant: 161; Verbal: 147) in GRE
The most effective step was to join GREedge. My SFA was very helpful in providing valuable feedback and solutions for my problems. The preparation material was the most apt for GRE preparations. You people are absolutely awesome !
In fact, I have already recommended my juniors for this.Thank you so much GREedge and especially my SFAs.
From IIT Kharagpur and scored 324 in GRE
When I decided to go for online tutoring options, I looked at all the viable options. GREedge emerged out to be a clear winner with all the excellent reviews about its well organised course structure, lots and lots of practice through question bank and tests and amazing SFAs. All of these turned out to be far more superior.
From Koneru Lakshmiah University, Guntur and scored 308 (Quant: 159; Verbal: 149 ) in GRE
My SFAs were very helpful right from creating the personalized study plan, clarifying my doubts and suggesting me through the feedback after the practice sessions. The full length adaptive tests is very much compatible with the actual GRE test.
I will definitely recommend GRE aspirants to seek GREedge. Thank you very much for being supportive :)