GRE preparation : Tips for high score
Online GRE Preparation: A Checklist for Selection
The only reason to take the GRE is to get a good GRE score.
A good GRE score is essential for admissions to Master’s and Doctoral programs in many countries, including the U.S.
Many view an admit to a prestigious university as a "VISA to success"—a road map to the highest levels in industry.
The CEOs of Adobe, Google, and Microsoft and thousands of successful professionals, professors, and entrepreneurs attest to this simple strategy of progress in life and career. Thousands of engineers and technologists who made fuel cells, drones, mobile phones, semiconductor factories, software products, and advanced medicines and drugs were all beneficiaries of the powerful selection of higher talent through the GRE score.
Since the only purpose of taking the GRE is to get the best possible GRE score, it is good to understand what really drives and pushes the GRE score up. In fact, that requires us to understand what GRE preparation is. Online research and study on GRE preparation shows that GRE is a test of skills and abilities in verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning.
The only way to get a good GRE score is through good preparation for GRE.
Since the time of inception of the GRE in the late 1940s, many test preparation services and classes have sprouted.
Many books, including some classics, have been published which millions of bright, hardworking students have used.
In the last few years, online GRE preparation is becoming the standard way of GRE preparation. After all, online and mobile are anywhere and everywhere, especially in the modern day. Online GRE preparation, from a good quality provider, can not only track and motivate, but also continuously improve one's GRE score and reduce the time required for GRE preparation.
The primary areas of GRE Verbal and GRE Quant require graded exercises and tutorials to improve the level of skill. Improved skill results in higher accuracy of solving problems and answering multiple-choice questions. Improved skill also leads to faster rate of answering questions. In the end, good online GRE preparation enables measurement of both the speed and accuracy of answering and demonstrating GRE skills. This is one of the biggest advantages of online GRE preparation compared to any other means.
Many providers simply offer a website or videos or a few pdf files online and try to present themselves as sources of online GRE preparation. However, not all of them are capable of improving your scores. Very few can teach differently for different students, aptly addressing their individual difficulties and strengths.
A high quality, student-oriented online GRE preparation will offer you the following:
1. Vast and well-edited content: GRE lessons and GRE materials that help your online GRE preparation completely.
2. Unique teaching and training methods for each topic, each type of student, and for various parts of the online GRE preparation, such as word learning, reading comprehension, data interpretation etc. It not only addresses the needs of high score aspirants, but also helps those with trouble in math, difficulties in reading, etc.
3. Extensive GRE practice tests at different levels of difficulty and for different stages of the online GRE preparation.
4. Analysis and feedback to improve GRE scores: Good firms continuously invest in technology to evaluate their students.
5. Support and facilitation with someone to follow, track, and help you improve—all online; someone who loves to see you do better and is concerned about your GRE score. You should be able to speak to and exchange messages with this facilitator.
6. A quality management system: The GRE challenges of different students can be different. A good online GRE preparation method will have multiple quality system features and points of touch. A quality management system ensures that each student's problem is individually addressed. Each student's problems and difficulties are individually listened to, understood, and acted upon.
7. A willingness to educate you about GRE universities and admissions: Anyone who cares obviously will offer this support. It takes a lot of time, effort, money, and preparation—but concern for students taking up the GRE and higher studies journey should motivate them to provide this additional support.
8. Proof of past performance and success: Online GRE preparation methods are developed and perfected over time. As for proof, look at what past students say. In fact, look for hundreds or thousands of them.
This is in fact a mini-checklist for selecting a suitable online GRE preparation course.
Wish you all the best for a smooth and effortless GRE preparation. Like many, if you are choosing online GRE preparation, we hope this checklist would be useful to you.
For more queries, doubts, or information ask: info@GREedge.com. Mention "Online GRE Preparation—A Query" in the subject line.
You can also check the features of GREedge.com, online training programs against the checklist provided above.
With 31000+ students and aspects like Wall of Fame with more than a thousand 320+ scorers, personal SFA (Student Facilitator & Analyst), Learning Tracker, Millisecond "ScoreBooster" Technology, and a sophisticated individualized study planning process, GREedge promises to help each student with online GRE preparation according to their target score, current readiness level, time remaining for their GRE, and time constraints on a daily basis.
Wish you all the best for your GRE!