Student VISA

The European VISA is usually classified as a Schengen VISA and a UK VISA.

UK Student VISA :

UK offers student VISA in two types:
  • Tier 3 student VISA and
  • Tier 4 student VISA.

Tier 4 student VISA
This Visa is for students above 17 years. The applicant can apply to this VISA after receiving an offer letter from the university. It is advisable to apply three months prior to the course commencement. VISA processing fee costs about £335. Some of the documents that are required are:
  • Passport with validity
  • Admit letter
  • VISA application form
  • Source of funding ( Financial Statements)
  • Health insurance

Schengen student VISA:

The word Schengen refers to most of the European countries. Around 26 countries in Europe comes under the Schengen area. They are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Generally, a Schengen student VISA can be classified as:
  • Short-term student VISA
  • Long-term student VISA

Short term student VISA
This is applicable for students who wish to take up a language course in the country. The validity period is usually three months to six months (subjected to change based on the course)

Long term student VISA
This type of Visa is for the students who wish to pursue their higher studies. This is generally beyond 3 months.

The Visa fee varies depending on the country. Some of them are

This fee is subject to change based on several factors.VFS charges may be applicable in addition to this.

Documents to have in hand:
  • Passport with validity
  • Admit letter
  • VISA application form
  • Source of funding ( Financial Statements)
  • Two passport size photographs
  • VISA processing fee ( DD or cheque or credit card payment)

These are the documents that are generally asked for. In addition to this we might require the following documents based on the country
  • Health insurance
  • Travel insurance
  • Letter of intent (why you have selected xxx country)
  • Proof of language requirement.

Call me Back